The Heart Truth- Red Dress

Go deeper than the pink, go red. Go deeper than the breast, go to the heart.




Heart disease is the NUMBER ONE killer of women in the USA. Eat right, exercise, get enough sleep, and cultivate social relationships (make friends!); these will help save your heart. I know because I have CAD, coronary artery disease.








24 February 2011

50 years

I am 50 years old. And I'm real glad! I'm not afraid or angry or worried that I'm 'over the hill' or just plain old. I'm 50. I have lived for half a century. I've seen music change from the Beatles to Lady Gaga; from records to mp3 players. My country has gone from Kennedy to Obama and survived just fine, thank you.

I'm the aunt to one wonderful young lady of a niece and three young nephews who show me what 'different' means. I have two brothers who made my life fun, weird, and wonderful. My mother is still hale and hardy at 80. My father died 20 years ago- and I miss him every day. The best decision I ever made was to adopt my dog, Nanna, the best friend a single woman could ask for.

I have a career instead of a job. This is my 20th year of teaching English and the important things in life to my students. Sometimes I think I actually teach a few of them.

I have old friends and new friends and several cities where I feel at home. I have travelled and I'm not done yet. I still plan to retire in Paris. I still think I may get married some day.

I never know what's next and that's a good thing. I like surprises. Life has more good to it than bad.

Fifty means I've had a lot of time, so far. It means I need to see what I've done and what I want to do next. It is hope and optimism.

I'm 50 and I'm real glad!

1 comment:

Gigi Ann said...

You are still a spring chicken. Life is just beginning. I hope you fulfill your dream of retiring in Paris. Sounds like a plan to me. Have a great and fabulous day!

Blog Archive