The Heart Truth- Red Dress

Go deeper than the pink, go red. Go deeper than the breast, go to the heart.




Heart disease is the NUMBER ONE killer of women in the USA. Eat right, exercise, get enough sleep, and cultivate social relationships (make friends!); these will help save your heart. I know because I have CAD, coronary artery disease.








07 July 2010

History, not a mystery

When my parents returned to Butler in the early 1970s I discovered mind-numbing sameness. Almost everyone I met was born in Butler and their father worked at one of two places: Pullman or Armco. (Ok, *some* parents worked at other places. But 9 out of 10 worked at one or the other of these two places.)  I was secretly happy that my father had worked at Pullman for a short time but he hated it.
I was only 11 when we moved to Butler. By that time I had lived on three continents, in four countries, and in three states. I had a Louisiana accent that I quickly lost by copying others; a skill I retain to this day. To this day I am glad my parents chose to take their children everywhere they possibly could. When Dad got orders Mom was as eager as he was to see this new place. I am my father's daughter, and my mother's daughter. My love of travel is inborn.
(I found this picture on the internet. I'm guessing Armco made ashtrays. And I had an uncle who worked at Armco for many years until he could retire to Florida where he and my aunt live till this day.)

No comments:

Blog Archive