The Heart Truth- Red Dress

Go deeper than the pink, go red. Go deeper than the breast, go to the heart.




Heart disease is the NUMBER ONE killer of women in the USA. Eat right, exercise, get enough sleep, and cultivate social relationships (make friends!); these will help save your heart. I know because I have CAD, coronary artery disease.








01 January 2012

What is better than a New Year’s Resolution?




2012 begins on a Sunday, the start of the week. New week, new month, new year. New me? No. I can’t change THAT much.


But, two trips to the ER for chest pain in 13 months is more than a message (it’s a great fee- doctor, hospital, ambulance), it is a foreshadowing of things to come if I don’t make changes right now. Heart disease is the NUMBER ONE killer of Americans. And I can do something about it.


Step one: diet. The highly recommended DASH diet is doable (I don’t have to eat tofu and kale.)

Step two: aerobic exercise. Dance is my choice. No one has to see me.

Step three: weight bearing exercise. Callenetics (sort of Pilates) for the first month. Then small weights.

Step four: less TV time. I think I will read and work on my scrapbook.

Step five: do more and worry less.

So, what is better than a resolution? Change for the better.
(Plus, I want to post much more often, even without pictures.) 

No comments:

Blog Archive