The Heart Truth- Red Dress

Go deeper than the pink, go red. Go deeper than the breast, go to the heart.




Heart disease is the NUMBER ONE killer of women in the USA. Eat right, exercise, get enough sleep, and cultivate social relationships (make friends!); these will help save your heart. I know because I have CAD, coronary artery disease.








02 January 2012

Baggage




 (Have you seen me? Please bring me home.)


I tend to be easy to get along with. I smile, say ‘please’ and ‘thank you.’ I agree. And, on Sunday, when American Airlines asked passengers to check their rolling bags (for free!), I did.

Except for the minute when the bag was off loaded in Dallas, I have not seen my bag since. I watched out the plane window and saw my bag and others separated from the DFW luggage. It was ticketed to Waco (ACT).

In Waco I was told that my bag would be in on the next flight. It was but I couldn’t wait around for it. I filed the paperwork, explained the unique feature of my house (it’s light blue), and waited at home for its arrival.

All evening. Nothing.

Today, unlike so many other people, I had to go to work.
The airline tried to deliver my bag at 9am- I went to work at 7:30. They couldn’t leave the bag because I COULDN’T SIGN FOR IT!

And when do I find this out? When I call the airport this evening at 8pm!

Maybe, if they get a hold of the driver, my bag could be delivered … tomorrow. I have taped a note to the door giving permission to leave the bag there.

I hope to God he does. I’m tired of this one black bra. I want my clothes. I’m out of Crestor. I need my flatiron. I’d like to place the burnable candle my friend Lane made for me on the table in my kitchen.
Until tonight’s telephone call, I have been nice. I wasn’t too mean. I’m just frustrated.



No comments:

Blog Archive