The Heart Truth- Red Dress

Go deeper than the pink, go red. Go deeper than the breast, go to the heart.




Heart disease is the NUMBER ONE killer of women in the USA. Eat right, exercise, get enough sleep, and cultivate social relationships (make friends!); these will help save your heart. I know because I have CAD, coronary artery disease.








05 January 2012

DASH




The diet I am following is DASH: Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension. I could call it low-fat, low-salt but I prefer saying what I CAN have instead of what I CAN NOT have. 
I can have fruit, vegetables, cheese, meat, bread. Sure, they need to be low-fat or lean. No special, out of the ordinary foods: tofu, bean sprouts, rice cakes are required. 
Fake food like diet shakes are out. 
No overdose of vitamin pills. Good, whole, real food.
I can eat this way forever. 
And that’s the whole point. 

2 comments:

Gigi Ann said...

I just noticed you started posting again. What a time, stress tests or whatever the heck you had done. Baggage mix-up, that really helped your stress level!!!

A few months ago, my doctor told me to go off of all Fat and Fatty foods. I am not really having a problem with it. Except, I have a hubby who likes to eat lunch out everyday. It was funny when my doctor said she wanted me off of all fat and fatty foods, hubby piped up and said, "We eat alot of salads." She said, "Salads are good if she doesn't put any dressing on them." Most of the time I put a little dressing on my salad, just not very much dressing.

Singularly Me said...

Gigi Ann I wish I could say I've been following my diet but no. Each day I get to start again.
I hope all is well with you. I hope your diet is going better than mine!

Blog Archive