The Heart Truth- Red Dress

Go deeper than the pink, go red. Go deeper than the breast, go to the heart.




Heart disease is the NUMBER ONE killer of women in the USA. Eat right, exercise, get enough sleep, and cultivate social relationships (make friends!); these will help save your heart. I know because I have CAD, coronary artery disease.








01 July 2010

Big Butler Fair



The Big Butler Fair (http://www.bigbutlerfair.com/) is a tradition dating back to the Civil War. In recent years it has expanded to nine days (9) and always includes the 4th of July. My mother is in the grange (see http://www.pagrange.org/ ). This farm based organization has its own permanent building where members sell food and raffle off quilts (I won one once!) and assorted prizes. Several days her grange is assigned to work selling  food and she helps. I do NOT help. Once was enough and most people have forgotten that event (I say as I look around innocently.)This fair has animals to be judged, rides to get spun on, and talent (?) to enjoy. I'm not a big fair person but I do like to go for the fireworks and a gyro, lamb/beef mix on pita bread with cucumber sauce. Mmmm.
Anyway, I will be there on Sunday and will take a few pictures.

No comments:

Blog Archive