The Heart Truth- Red Dress

Go deeper than the pink, go red. Go deeper than the breast, go to the heart.




Heart disease is the NUMBER ONE killer of women in the USA. Eat right, exercise, get enough sleep, and cultivate social relationships (make friends!); these will help save your heart. I know because I have CAD, coronary artery disease.








01 May 2010

Prom 2010

Teaching in a high school has its ups and downs. One major down is raising money for the prom. We do most of it in the concession stand during football season. Our class got to do it two years in a row! :-( The result was a lot of money. So we spent money to have a GREAT prom. The prom committee chose the theme and all the decorations. I have to say it was the best prom ever! Which means, yes, that the prom is one of the ups of teaching high school (especially when the prom is over.) This year the prom took place on the 24th of April.
Our location in Bryan, the the country club, was a dream. Great food, excellent service, and they cleaned up when we were done!  The lower picture is of the background used for prom portraits. Kids showed up at 8am to put this all together. Lovely.

1 comment:

Virginia said...

As a former third grade teacher , I can laugh and laugh at this. I always thought I'd rather poke my eye out with a very sharp stick if forced to teach middle school, high school running a close second! :)

Merci for your comment on my Paris blog. Bittersweet is what is it. I can hardly bear to leave. I got home yesterday after an airline fiasco on Thursday. I'm still very pouty and out of sorts about coming home. I know I should be so grateful for this trip and I am. I'll get over my silly self soon......I hope!
V

Blog Archive