The Heart Truth- Red Dress

Go deeper than the pink, go red. Go deeper than the breast, go to the heart.




Heart disease is the NUMBER ONE killer of women in the USA. Eat right, exercise, get enough sleep, and cultivate social relationships (make friends!); these will help save your heart. I know because I have CAD, coronary artery disease.








29 March 2010

Learning Process

In the past few weeks I've learned a few things I thought I'd share:

1. Lots of sugar, salt and/or fat is bad for you. Really bad. As in 'my guts don't like me anymore.' I thought they only affected my heart and weight. Nope.

2. Teens will say yes, ask for information, not read it, and ask whine for help at the last minute. (I KNEW this, I just forgot it is ALWAYS true.) Thanks UIL participants.

3. Rehearsal for a play is NOT important to teens until they stand on stage during contest and go totally BLANK!

4. Requiring Theatre Arts students to participate in plays is OK, not wrong, cruel or unusual. I will do so next year. (Only took me 19 years to learn this lesson!)

5. Setting dirty hair in  hot rollers makes the hair look clean and nice for three, ok two, more days. (Today it just looks ... dirty.)

6. The best thing about the county fair is the Friday and Monday days off combination we had this weekend. :-)

7. Even better than #6 is a three day school week (because of the fair and Easter.)

8. Bush's Chicken... and rolls. mmm... (dang, now I'm hungry.)

9. After more than 24 years, my best friend from college and I can still talk on the phone (until the batteries run down) like we've just seen each other yesterday.

10. No matter how many days I have to grade papers and complete lesson plans, I'll do them the evening before I have to return. Every time. And I'll begin right after dinner and the first load of laundry. Really.

1 comment:

Tillie said...

I'm totally jealous of #6&7!! And #9 is so Lisa and me! We can not talk for a year and still pick up right where we left off - gotta love those relationships! And #2 - I know my brother is one of THOSE people! :)

Blog Archive