1. Lots of sugar, salt and/or fat is bad for you. Really bad. As in 'my guts don't like me anymore.' I thought they only affected my heart and weight. Nope.
2. Teens will say yes, ask for information, not read it, and
3. Rehearsal for a play is NOT important to teens until they stand on stage during contest and go totally BLANK!
4. Requiring Theatre Arts students to participate in plays is OK, not wrong, cruel or unusual. I will do so next year. (Only took me 19 years to learn this lesson!)
5. Setting dirty hair in hot rollers makes the hair look clean and nice for three, ok two, more days. (Today it just looks ... dirty.)
6. The best thing about the county fair is the Friday and Monday days off combination we had this weekend. :-)
7. Even better than #6 is a three day school week (because of the fair and Easter.)
8. Bush's Chicken... and rolls. mmm... (dang, now I'm hungry.)
9. After more than 24 years, my best friend from college and I can still talk on the phone (until the batteries run down) like we've just seen each other yesterday.
10. No matter how many days I have to grade papers and complete lesson plans, I'll do them the evening before I have to return. Every time. And I'll begin right after dinner and the first load of laundry. Really.