The Heart Truth- Red Dress

Go deeper than the pink, go red. Go deeper than the breast, go to the heart.




Heart disease is the NUMBER ONE killer of women in the USA. Eat right, exercise, get enough sleep, and cultivate social relationships (make friends!); these will help save your heart. I know because I have CAD, coronary artery disease.








20 January 2009

Can't fight the feeling if I don't feel anything.

Have you ever been to a graduation or a wedding and wondered why people were crying? Did the whole thing just leave you cold? I have. I've wondered; am I just immune to these events and their feelings? Is something wrong with me?

A few years ago I felt quite depressed at Christmas. I remember thinking "No, God does NOT care about me." So when I saw my doctor he put me on Prozac (wonder drug!)

And today... well, I just don't feel it. Eight years ago I was delighted to have a new president. Four years ago I felt secure with the continuation of the Bush presidency. And this year... I feel like a big party has been going on for the last three days and it's overkill. A new president. A black president. Is that really so hard to believe? Does that really justify all of this media coverage and celebrating? Am I missing out on the true meaning of Obama-as-president?

It reminds me of the first woman in space. A lot of hoopla. Did anyone really think a woman COULDN'T go into outter space? Did that many people really think a BLACK man couldn't get elected president? Do they really think a WOMAN couldn't get elected president? (I believe a woman could, just not the one who was running. Sorry, Mrs. C. no cookies for you.)

So, with all due respect I say- Welcome to the presidency Mr. Obama; good luck and God bless.

No comments:

Blog Archive