The Heart Truth- Red Dress

Go deeper than the pink, go red. Go deeper than the breast, go to the heart.




Heart disease is the NUMBER ONE killer of women in the USA. Eat right, exercise, get enough sleep, and cultivate social relationships (make friends!); these will help save your heart. I know because I have CAD, coronary artery disease.








07 April 2012

Pittsburghese


Someone posted this poster on Facebook and I just had to have it! I know what everything on it means! ‘Nebby’ is nosey- as is ‘you are being nosey by asking personal questions.’

I moved to Pennsylvania in the Fall of 1972 when I was 11. I was in the 6th grade. Slowly these expressions became part of my lexicon. One word was FORBIDDEN in our house- yinz. It is Western Pa for ‘you’ plural. I could say ‘ya’ll’ but never ‘yinz.’ And I never did. Eventually, I learned the plural of you is… you.

Any questions about this? Please post them in the comments section. 

No comments:

Blog Archive