The Heart Truth- Red Dress

Go deeper than the pink, go red. Go deeper than the breast, go to the heart.




Heart disease is the NUMBER ONE killer of women in the USA. Eat right, exercise, get enough sleep, and cultivate social relationships (make friends!); these will help save your heart. I know because I have CAD, coronary artery disease.








10 April 2012

Miller Odd (Aud)

Romeo and Juliet, Rosenkrants and Guildenstern are Dead, Dacula, Godspell, God's Favorite, Man of LaMancha. Just a few of the shows I worked on during my college years at Slippery Rock University. The students who worked there, like me, learned every room, every prop, every costume. We knew that place in the dark. I still remember visiting a very hidden room. No windows, no door, it was accessed by jumping down into the room. Only a person with good upper body strength (or a friend) could get OUT of there.

I mention this because it is all going away starting this summer. Miller Auditorium, home of many good and strange memories, is getting a complete redo. I'm told I won't recognize the place when the remodeling is done.

Does that mean Emma Guffy Miller and the other ghosts of the place will be without a home? What's a theatre without a ghost or two? "Why, in my day Sonny, if the ghosts wouldn't play along then we created our own!"

Poor little backwards placed theatre. It's about time it got some lovin'.
(Picture found with Gooogle. I like the ghost lights on the front.)


No comments:

Blog Archive