The Heart Truth- Red Dress

Go deeper than the pink, go red. Go deeper than the breast, go to the heart.




Heart disease is the NUMBER ONE killer of women in the USA. Eat right, exercise, get enough sleep, and cultivate social relationships (make friends!); these will help save your heart. I know because I have CAD, coronary artery disease.








02 August 2011

A lovely day

Years ago I asked my students to write about the best day of their life so far. This got me thinking: what was my best day? I thought back to college and a day I spent with Lane at his grandmother's house. We listened to music- on a Victrola! and read some of his old essays. It was a normal day for two people who didn't thrive on 'normal.'
Well, this summer Lane fell ill and spent 28 days in the hospital! After he got out I went to see him and we had another great day. We watched a bit of a movie, had dinner at Denny's (we are not gourmets) and visited Swallow Falls state park. Ah! What a lovely place! And I spent time outside- I NEVER do that!

3 comments:

Gigi Ann said...

Oh. My. Goodness. This was one of my favorite places to hang out when I was a teen-ager. Three years ago when celebrating our 50th anniversary, we were back visiting the kids, I told Rhonda, my daughter I wanted to visit the Falls while we were there. Believe me I could no longer run along the nature trails, as I did when I was young... I had to set a few times on the benches along the way, but I made one last walk through the nature trails, with her and Mercedez my granddaughter. It was one of my favorite places from my youth. I grew up about 40 minutes from there in a little place called Keyser Ridge, MD. They now have a McDs located there next to a Truck Stop. I lived just over the hill.

Singularly Me said...

Ann, I was thinking of you when I posted this. I hoped you had been there! Lane lives in Loch Lynn (?) and he loves the outdoors. I have to say this is one of the most beautiful and peaceful places I have ever seen. Lucky you for going so often as a teen!

Gigi Ann said...

When I was young we hung out at Deep Creek Lake a lot, we cruised Oakland on Saturday evenings, There was a Drive-in theater between Oakland and Deep Creek Lake, we all squeezed in whoever had a car and headed for the movies, those were the days, when they had new movies two or three times a week, always something to do. We had square dances every Saturday night at the Accident Maryland Firehall, all ages allowed and allowed to dance. You brought back a lot of memories. That was in the 1953-1958, and then I got married. And my life changed!!! hee, hee.

Blog Archive