The Heart Truth- Red Dress

Go deeper than the pink, go red. Go deeper than the breast, go to the heart.




Heart disease is the NUMBER ONE killer of women in the USA. Eat right, exercise, get enough sleep, and cultivate social relationships (make friends!); these will help save your heart. I know because I have CAD, coronary artery disease.








31 January 2009

Am I in my own bad movie?

Of course, I knew one day it would happen. My quiet boring life would meet with the ghosts of my past. Namely, my college days would return and remind me of who I used to be.

Friends and students have heard me allude to my 'idiot college boyfriend.' He has not returned (and I'm not asking him to. Stay away Mikey, please.) But I have not talked about college in a very detailed way. It's much like the motto of FIGHT CLUB- the first rule of college theatre is 'don't talk about college theatre.' So I have rarely said much.

Now, as in yesterday, I joined a Facebook page for SRU theatre alumni. Oh, the stories! Oh, the memories!

What happened to the me who attended college? The girl who laughed with friends and had a boyfriend (boyfriend is a juvenile term when one is my age.) Where is the girl I used to be? Why and when did I get old? Is 48 really old?

And of course, this all comes back to changing my life. The small town near nothing and nowhere is ageing me. It has taken 15 years of my adulthood and left me with actual scars.

So goodbye to the grey hairs, the extra pounds, the non-life.

Thank you Miller Aud. (and it was odd) for reminding me that life is not a dress rehearsal. Time to live. (Don't worry. I'm not going to do something crazy like quit my job or hook up with a stranger. I am going to take control and make things happen.)

2 comments:

Gigi Ann said...

First, 48 is not old, and second, go ahead and enjoy life, it goes by to fast to not enjoy it...That's it, that's all I have to say, except...You go girl!

Ann

Anonymous said...

Enjoy a sunset (you get up for a sunrise! smirk) the Moon at night, your dog, the wind in the trees. You can find joy in many things, the hard part is seeing it, I know.

Blog Archive